Church Planting - We are committed
Church Planting (Planting Healthy Churches)
- We are committed to church planting.
Church planting is, according to Peter Wagner, the undisputed best way to reach new people for Christ. Church planting is a vital component of any church movement. Effective church planting efforts led by qualified and gifted church planters using proven procedures are helping us energize an emerging church planting movement in the western United States.
- We are committed to helping church planters and their launch teams in every way possible.
With God's help we have established seven support systems that are in the process of being implemented within EFCA West. They include:
1. Launching...laying quality foundations for a movement.
2. Recruiting...finding potential church planters and challenging them to come on board.
3. Assessing...helping the potential planter affirm his suitability for the task. We have identified the qualities of successful church planters as a basis for the assessment.
4. Training...providing comprehensive equipping events for church planters and their teams, along with other events for potential parent church leaders.
5. Coaching...providing on-going relationships and networking environments for church planters.
6. Supporting...helping the church planter in developing a funding plan for the new church.
7. Reproducing...assisting the new church in developing a commitment and plan for planting other churches during its lifetime.
- We understand that there are various ways of starting healthy new churches and we are involved in many of those approaches, including churches giving birth to new churches, pioneering, starting from a Bible Study nucleus or having multiple churches providing the financial support for a new strategic plant.
- We are looking for people who are called and gifted by God to plant churches.
If you believe that you are that kind of person and that your wife and family could fit into a church planting environment, please click on church planting assessment. We are looking for men who have, along with their wives, a strong sense of call to this type of ministry that has been confirmed by others in the church. Also, we are seeking men who have a track record in initiating new ministries, discipling others in life and ministry and developing leaders.
- Dave Page, Director of Church Planting, EFCA West.
CHURCH PLANTING ASSESSMENT
Interested in church planting? Here's how to begin:
1. Complete the Church Planter Self-Assessment Inventory. Click here to download this document.
2. Send a copy of the completed assessment to our office: 2111 Geer Rd., Suite 510, Turlock, CA 95382
3. After reviewing and approving your assessment, we will invite you to complete a full assessment with one of our EFCA West assessment teams. This process includes an extensive interview following a pre-interview written questionnaire, plus a small battery of ministry aptitude tests. (Note: The interview will always include both husband and wife if you are married.)
4. We will (whatever the outcome of the previous step) share with you a complete report of the results of the assessment. This will include our recommendations concerning placement as a church planter.
5. In addition to determining if church planting is the right ministry choice for you, the assessment will also help you to discover your strengths and relative weaknesses so that you can approach a church planting opportunity with knowledge about where you will need help, encouragement and accountability.
6. When a positive assessment is completed, we will then explore specific church planting opportunities with you.