10 Steps to Planting with EFCA West
1. INITIAL CONTACT : Email or phone contact with the EFCA West Office: ; 209.667.5789
EFCA Planter Profile
What It Means to Be an EFC
Church Planter Risk Factors Analysis
Church Planter Inquiry Form
3. PHONE DISCUSSION WITH ONE OF OUR CHURCH PLANTING DIRECTORS
Upon receipt and review of completed self-assessment instruments.
4. PERSONAL INVENTORIES
- DISC Profile Online #W-800 ($31.00)
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 ($15.00)
- MBTI ($29.00 Overview Profile Report)
- Couple Check-Up
- Pre-Assessment Questionnaire (free)
5. FACE-TO-FACE MEETING WITH THE DIRECTOR OF CHURCH PLANTING: To be scheduled.
6. PROSPECTUS (PLAN)
A detailed church plant prospectus (proposal, plan) developed by the church planter for the church plant. This proposal is very much like a business plan and spells out the vision, mission, and values of the new church.
A one-day behavioral assessment of the church planter and his wife (if married) will be performed by a trained assessment team. We assess the candidate’s call, character, chemistry, and competencies. Cost: $250
Recommendation: Based on the assessment, the candidate will receive either a “Yes” or “No” or “Not Yet” reply from our Director of Church Planting. A “Not Yet” reply means we do not think the candidate is ready to plant a church at this time.
Screening: Employment references, education verification, character reference check, gaps in employment history, credit history check, and background check. Criminal & Civil Liability Form.
9. SIGNED CONTRACT
The candidate will sign a Church Planting Contract with EFCA West that spells out expectations - what the candidate can expect from the EFCA West and expectations that the EFCA West can expect from the candidate. The candidate will need to attend an EFCA History & Polity class prior to signing the contract.
- Financial support
- Prayer Support
- Networking with other EFCA West Planters/Pastors
- Coaching support
- Pastoral Care Support
- Boot Camp Training
- Legal/Administrative support
- Church Health Support
- Credentialing support